At The Chef’s Table
Indulge yourself on a summer evening – or even a cheeky brunch, with this beautifully decadent banana waffle recipe. Rich and delicious, you can feel slightly less guilty as it does contain 2 of your 5 a day!
- 2 x Belgian waffles – easy to buy from any supermarket
- 1 x ripe banana
- 150g fresh strawberries
- 200ml x whipped cream sweetened with a spoonful of icing or caste sugar
- A scoop of your favourite ice cream – we’ve used clotted cream but salted caramel would be just as nice
- Chocolate sauce or melted dark chocolate
- Dulce de leche sauce – this Latin American sauce is unbelievably good and can be found in quality supermarkets – if you cannot find it condensed milk caramel sauce is almost as good
- Warm your waffles under the grill or in the toaster – never microwave as you want a nice warm, crispy outer shell.
- Build up all the other ingredients on top of the warm waffles. Start with the whipped cream mix followed by slices of banana and ice cream scoop before drizzling with the chocolate and caramel sauce. Finish with a garnish of sliced strawberries and a dusting of icing sugar just before you serve.
- Enjoy with a cup of tea or coffee at the end of your meal, or push the boat out with a glass of bubbly.